Exercise during quarantine: why and how
You can prevent future injuries or therapy by keeping yourself on track. Add some exercises to your quarantine and let your body feel better!
The whole team of Ipersonal Physiotherapy loves you, but we prefer to see you just when it’s really necessary. 😊
In our last post, we pointed out the changes that our body suffers from less activity.
So let’s talk about what will happen if you make some simple exercises!
- Prevent diseases and pain (cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, depression, among others)
- Increases the metabolism
- Improves physical performance, energy, and mood
- Improves the sleep
- Increase endorphin hormone in our brain (natural pain killer)
- Decreases glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure, and body fat
- Strengthens the Immune System
- In women, relieves symptoms of menopause, prevents complications during childbirth, and eases pain caused by endometriosis.
See? Lots of excellent reasons to forget about Coronavirus and shake it off!
What you can do?
- Find an activity that brings you joy (just like the Marie Kondo technique 😁): dance, walk, run, cycling, etc.
- Prefer the stairs over the elevator
- Take walks (at least 30mins)
- Drink water
- Have a balanced nutrition
- Create a routine similar to the old one
- Keep a good night of sleep
- Do some stretches
You can exercise the way whatever you like. Alone or with your loved ones, in or out your house, just move safely.
And you don’t need a lot of effort to see the benefits. A few minutes a day keeps the therapist away! 😁
Do you want to know more tips?
Stay tuned on our blog and social media channels! 😉